Pregnancy yoga Croydon
No class on Saturday 4th June (Jubilee weekend)
What to expect in my classes
Hi, I’m Janice and I have been teaching yoga, hypnobirthing, postnatal & pregnancy yoga in Croydon since 2006. I also have a degree in midwifery.
Pregnancy yoga is a great way to meet like minded people at the same stage of life as you. It’s a chance to really connect with your baby and your body on a regular basis. I like to make my classes interesting and varied so that you learn so much more than yoga. Combining pregnancy yoga with some tips from hypnobirthing, you will learn how to relax and calm your nervous system to have a better pregnancy and birth. We practice movements and postures to help with those physical ailments of pregnancy like backache and SPD. You will also gain more confidence in yourself and your body to help you have a calm labour.
When can I start?
Classes can be started from 14 weeks of pregnancy. If you are unsure of your suitability for yoga, please consult your GP. You can continue to practice yoga right up until you give birth.
Bring a yoga mat with you, water & wear loose clothing.
How much is it & where?
£12.50 per class or £65.00 for a block of 6 ( to be used within 6 weeks).
If booking a drop in class – bookings open up in the week leading up to the next class. Please note you cannot book more than one week in advance if booking a drop in class.
The Pavillion, St Mildred’s Centre, 30 Bingham Road, Addiscombe CR0 7EB
(Go down the right hand side of the building until you cannot go any further and through the black gate on the left)
"Research shows that weekly yoga sessions can help reduce anxiety, stress and depression in pregnancy."
1. Let go & relax – total relaxation for pregnancy and labour (25 mins)
2. Positive affirmations for a positive birth to repeat in your mind or out loud (10 mins)
See what Laura says about the class in the video below
Benefits for you and your baby
- Helps prepare you for an easier labour and birth
- Learn breathing techniques and relaxation for an easier birth
- Develops bonding between you and your baby
- Sleep better
- Strengthens and tones muscles needed for labour
- Increases flexibility
- Improves digestion and elimination
- Releases stress, anxiety and tension
- Increases feelings of happiness and well being
- Quicker and healthier postnatal recovery
- Relaxes you and your baby