Pregnancy yoga & hypnobirthing classes in Addiscombe, Shirley, Croydon
In person classes resume on Saturday 22nd May at St Mildreds, Addiscombe, Croydon.
* Class numbers are limited so book your space now!*
When can I start?
Classes can be started from 14 weeks of pregnancy. If you are unsure of your suitability for yoga, please consult your GP. You can continue to practice yoga right up until you give birth.
How much is it & where?
£75 for 6 week course
St Mildred’s Centre, 30 Bingham Road, Addiscombe CR0 7EB
" I firmly believe I would not have survived my labour if it wasn't for all I learnt at your classes. Thank you so much Janice!"
What to expect in my classes
Yoga, guided meditation and hypnobirthing techniques to prepare you for a better pregnancy and calm birth.
You will learn how to breathe to bring you into a state of calm. When you are relaxed in labour your body works as it should. We practise breathing exercises to help work with your body to shorten contractions and guided meditation to increase feelings of well being and confidence in your body.
Specially adapted asanas (postures) are taught to strengthen and tone the muscles – especially muscles needed in labour.
Benefits for you and your baby
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Helps prepare you for an easier labour and birth
- Learn breathing techniques and relaxation for an easier birth
- Develops bonding between you and your baby
- Sleep better
- Strengthens and tones muscles needed for labour
- Increases flexibility
- Improves digestion and elimination
- Releases stress, anxiety and tension
- Increases feelings of happiness and well being
- Quicker and healthier postnatal recover
- Relaxes you and your baby