Pregnancy yoga & hypnobirthing classes in Addiscombe, Croydon
* Class numbers are limited so book your space now!*
What to expect in my classes
Hi, I’m Janice and I have been teaching yoga and hypnobirthing since 2006. I also have a degree in midwifery.
Pregnancy yoga is a great way to meet like minded people at the same stage of life as you. It’s a chance to really connect with your baby and your body on a regular basis. I like to make my classes interesting and varied so that you learn so much more than yoga. Combining pregnancy yoga with hypnobirthing, you will learn how to relax and calm your nervous system to have a better pregnancy and birth. We practice movements and postures to help with those physical ailments of pregnancy like backache and SPD. You will also gain more confidence in yourself and your body to help you have a calm labour.
When can I start?
Classes can be started from 14 weeks of pregnancy. If you are unsure of your suitability for yoga, please consult your GP. You can continue to practice yoga right up until you give birth.
How much is it & where?
£12.50 per class
St Mildred’s Centre, 30 Bingham Road, Addiscombe CR0 7EB
CLASSES ARE CONTINUING THROUGH THE SUMMER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SAT 28TH AUG
"Research shows that weekly yoga sessions can help reduce anxiety, stress and depression in pregnancy."
1. Let go & relax – total relaxation for pregnancy and labour (25 mins)
2. Positive affirmations for a positive birth to repeat in your mind or out loud (10 mins)
Benefits for you and your baby
- Helps prepare you for an easier labour and birth
- Learn breathing techniques and relaxation for an easier birth
- Develops bonding between you and your baby
- Sleep better
- Strengthens and tones muscles needed for labour
- Increases flexibility
- Improves digestion and elimination
- Releases stress, anxiety and tension
- Increases feelings of happiness and well being
- Quicker and healthier postnatal recovery
- Relaxes you and your baby