Postnatal yoga – mum & baby yoga
Postnatal yoga-mum and baby classes Addiscombe, Croydon
In person classes resume on Thursday 20th May 2021
*Class numbers are limited so book your space now!*
When to start postnatal yoga
For mum & babies from 6 weeks to around 9 – 11 months
(when your baby starts to crawl around and move a lot).
Check with your GP at you and your baby’s 6 week check that you are both fine to commence yoga classes if you had a vaginal delivery. It is usually safe to commence classes at 12 weeks after a c-section delivery.
How much is it & where?
6 week course for £75
Our Lady Church Hall, Bingham Road, Addiscombe CR0 7EN
What is postnatal yoga?
Classes consist of yoga movements for mum with emphasis on strengthening the glutes, back and pelvic floor, checking and working towards repairing diastasis recti (abdominal separation) and also includes baby movements with some massage and play. Classes are fun – we have music on, chat before and after and make friends. You can feed and change your baby whenever you need to.
Benefits for you and your baby
- Can help with back pain, diastasis recti, weight loss, tummy reduction
- Relaxes mum and baby
- Better feeding and sleeping for baby
- Quality time for mum and baby to bond
- Gain more confidence in handling your baby
- Promotes baby’s mental and physical development
- Babies love it!
- Mums love it!
- Move your a body in a way to gain back your strength and mobility